Wednesday, July 22, 2015

THURSDAY CHALLENGE: VINTAGE ROMANCE


THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE IS:

"OLD" (Vintage, Antique, Rusty, Secondhand, Long ago, Aging, Senior,...)

 MANY MOONS ago, the print below,  lying  in a shop at Patiala, fascinated me. I'm a Jane Austen's fan and the image somehow, evoked that golden period of classic romance in my mind. After buying it, I got it framed and it is hanging here in our living room ever since. For today's theme, after a lot of mind mapping, my choice finally rested on this.








The painting  seems to suggest the romantic setting of a bygone era, whence a tall, handsome, debonair young man  on horseback is courting a lovely, lissome maiden. They meet ostensibly by chance in the pure and subdued wooded ambiance, on a morning outing. 
Surely a whiff and a vision of Jane Austen’s dreamy interludes. How pretty and delicately charming the ladies look in their  stunning, lacy long dresses and  curls partly covered by their headgear. The two curious dogs complete the amorous setting.
I am reminded of Frank Sinatra’s passionate song about lovers 'meeting by chance but not really by chance,' something like that. If any of my friends help me with the actual lyrics of that song. Thanks!

Friends welcome here as always! 

Linking to:
Thursday Challenge

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful painting! I totally can imagine that its one of your favourits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very romantic painting !

    http://gattina-keyholepictures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and graceful image! Beautifully perceived

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's portraying a fascinating moment which every girl usually dreams of. A wonderful painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely painting!
    Haven't heard the Sinatra song, I think. Will Google it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly romantic and a classic Uppalji. well I found the song, hope its the same you are looking for

    Hello Young Lovers

    Hello young lovers who ever you are
    I hope your troubles are few
    All my good wishes go with you tonight
    I've been in love like you

    Be brave young lovers and follow your star
    Be brave and faithful and true
    Cling very close to each other tonight
    I've been in love like you

    I know how it feels to have wings on your heels
    And to fly down the street in a trance
    You fly down a street on a chance that you'll meet
    And you meet not really by chance

    Don't cry young lovers what ever you do
    Don't cry because I'm alone
    All of my memories are happy tonight
    I've had a love of my own

    I've had a love of my own like yours
    I've had a love of my own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shweta, Thanks so much. It is really that song, personifying intense passion of young lovers so touchingly. But tell me,how did you find it? Are you a Sinatra fan?

      Delete
  7. love artwork like this,great choice for the theme

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    Nice take on the subject Uppal - and a fine song!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's lovely painting whose beauty gets accentuated by your description.

    ReplyDelete