Wednesday, December 16, 2015

WAIT FOR THE SUPREME ENERGY



 'W' is for 'Wait'

Don't mind, if I say we human beings are crazy creatures.  I think we're really like that.  Our minds possess treasures of boundless fecundity. Yet, it is no child's play to fathom its knotty, sometimes childish contours. Well, taking my own example of inactivity and languor for about a fortnight will suffice to make a point.

During the hangover of sorts, I tried hard but failed to prevail upon my whimsical inner being to take up its usual creative activities, which remained postponed for no reason. Believe me, my ubiquitous internal policeman was obstinately indulging in a chiding spree all the time. However, my mental space remained uninspired. 

Then something unexpected happened. Fortunately for me, I traveled to a holy town (Damdama Sahib, Talwandi Sabo) in my state of Punjab, on an invitation to visit a newly established private University there.  Afterward, we visited the historical Gurudwara located there, which is one of the five sacred Takhats of Sikhs ( Seats of Temporal Authority) in India. While taking a round of the hallowed precincts in the company of throngs of devotees,  I experienced the feeling of elevating supreme energy and positive vibes enveloping the surroundings. Slowly and slowly I felt the veil of inertia and cynicism melting away. Long awaited spiritual resolution filled the mind zone liberating the inhibiting web. Such are the magical moments, which make the earthly journey of ours worth pursuing.
So, here I'm.


The entrance to the Gurudwara. The rush of the people on an ordinary day.
 

The sanctum sanctorum (above) where the devotees pay obeisance. On the left, on the dais are ragis (singers) singing Gurbani (sacred hymns). The process goes on throughout the day with ragis'  group getting replaced after a fixed time.

Friends welcome here as always!

The post is linked to:
ABC Wednesday,
Our World,

8 comments:

  1. we might be crazy, byt we're all unique. I think we should be less hard on ourselves... every now and than.

    Have a nice ABC-day/-week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely relate with your experience of the feeling of elevating supreme energy and positive vibes there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely light and airy place, it sounds a place full of spiritual energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you to be revitalized. Beautiful setting for the rituals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautifully worded...:-) I can feel the positive vibe and energy exuding from your words..:-)

    ReplyDelete